Stop Pneumonia Resources
Developed by the International Vaccine Access Center at Johns Hopkins University, the following set of resources for World Pneumonia Day 2018 are based on rigorous scientific evidence and made available to advocates around the world working to fight childhood pneumonia. Access the 2018 WPD Message Toolkit and Social Media Toolkit here.
2018 IVAC Pneumonia & Diarrhea Progress Report – released November 8, 2018
Every Breath Counts
Global Health Strategies
- “The Missing Piece” a report on why continued neglect of pneumonia threatens the achievement of health goals
Save The Children
Read highlights from the United4Oxygen Alliance’s work in Ethiopia and Nigeria here.
University of Southhampton
- Sizing Up Pneumonia Investment 2018 Report
- 2018 report covering global pneumonia investments R&D
- Report was launched and presented at the 2018 Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting organised by Save the Children and UNICEF UK.
- The report covers an analysis of 16 years of funding trends for infectious disease research and shows pneumonia to receive around 3% of public and philanthropic R&D spend. The investment in pneumonia was far less, compared to burden of disease, than other infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.