The activities planned on 11/15/2017 are :
1) Poster competition in association with College of Nursing, Manipal University for Students and faculty on the theme ” Stop Pneumonia: Invest in Child Health” which would be displayed in the out patient department of Kasturba Hospital, a 2030 bed tertiary care hospital in Karnataka, India
2) World Pneumonia Day CME – The target audience comprises of Faculty and students of Pulmonary Medicine, Nephorlogy, Pediatrics, Medicine, Cardiology, Community Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Respiratory therapists.
2.00 pm- 2.30 pm, Pneumonia in Children: The Road Ahead, Dr Shantharam Baliga, Professor of Pediatrics, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
2.30 pm -3.00 pm Community Acquired Pneumonia in Adults: The Burden, Evolving Trend & Case Management, Dr Swati Rajagopal – Consultant, Infectious Diseases & Travel Medicine, Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore
3.15 pm -4.00 pm, Quiz for Post Graduates , Quiz Master, Dr Suneel C Mundkur
4.00 pm -4.40 pm, Panel Discussion: Prevention of Pneumonia: Are We Doing Enough?
Panel Lead:, Dr Kavitha Saravu
Panelists: Dr Swati Rajagopal, Dr Shantharam Baliga, Dr Kiran Chawla, Dr Rama Bhat, Dr Rahul Magazine
3) Educational skit in the hospital for patient awareness on “Pneumonia”
4) Health Issue Article in Arogyavani (local newspaper) on “Pneumonia” by Dr Sneha Deepak Mallya (Dept of Community Medicine, KMC Manipal) and Dr Kavitha Saravu (Dept of Medicine, KMC Manipal)
5) Interview and call in Program in the regional television on “Pneumonia” by the Joint Coordinator, of Manipal McGill Center for Infectious Diseases (Dr Kavitha Saravu) on 18/11/2017
6) Educational displays regarding prevention, risk factors for pneumonia in multiple locations in the hospital