The Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project is pleased to announce the 12th Annual Photoshare Photo Contest, an international standard for recognizing amateur and professional photographers that share photos for charitable and educational use. Contest entries help grow the Photoshare collection. Learn how your images improve health and save lives.
The 12th Annual Photoshare Photo Contest is brought to you by the K4Health, a USAID-funded project at the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP), in partnership with FHI 360, IntraHealth International and Management Sciences for Health (MSH). Girls’ Globe and HIFA provide additional support.
The deadline for entries is April 10th, 2017.
Prizes and Awards
All winners are announced on May 15, 2016.
BEST OF SHOW
Winners are selected from all contest submissions. See previous Photoshare contest winners.
- 1st place – $1000 cash prize
- 2nd place – $500 cash prize
- 3rd place – $250 cash prize
People’s Choice Photo Award | Sexual and Reproductive Health Category
- $100 cash prize award – Photoshare sponsored
- Presented by Girls Globe and selected by social media users.
- Participants submitting entries to the featured Sexual and Reproductive Health category are also eligible for the Photoshare People’s Choice Award, presented by Girls’ Globe.
HIFA Photography Award | Healthcare Providers Category
- $250 cash prize award – HIFA sponsored
- Selected by the HIFA Steering Committee from only the Healthcare Providers Category
Best of show images will be selected based on topic relevancy and technical execution by a panel of independent judges. Contest winners and finalist will be showcased on Photoshare and hosted on a number of other medium-to-high-impact virtual venues—with the winner of the People’s Choice Photo Award presented by Girls Globe.
PHOTOSHARE ANNUAL AWARDS
Outstanding Photoshare Contributor
- $500 cash prize award
- Selected by Photoshare staff based on continuing participation and support of Photoshare.
Photoshare Image of the Year
- $100 cash prize award
- Selected by Photoshare staff from all Photoshare images
Please enter submissions through Photoshare’s online photo submission form.
There is no limit to the number of photos a participant can submit. Images should be relevant to the contest category. The contest is FREE to enter.
People who typically share photos with Photoshare – either through the contest or on an ongoing basis – are international public health professionals, community leaders and residents of developing countries, Peace Corps volunteers, world travelers, amateur and professional photographers, and anyone else interested in freely sharing photos as a way to promote awareness of global health and development issues.
For more information on contest rules and examples of past submissions, please visit Photoshare.
This year’s contest features 11 categories and 2 awards covering a broad range of global public health and development topics:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- (Presented by: Girl’s Globe with the Photoshare People’s Choice Award)
- Healthcare Providers
- (Sponsored Category: HIFA Photography Award)
- Family Planning
- Agriculture and Economic Development
- Democracy and Governance
- Humanitarian and Disaster Relief
- mHealth and Communications Technology
- Global Health and Human Interest (open subject)