Community Events and Pneumonia Awareness Activities
From events to raise pneumonia awareness to videos and workshops on protecting against, preventing and treating pneumonia and diarrhea, the activities below are just some of the efforts that took place to help spread the message in communities and more.
- Egypt: Healthy Egyptians planned a mobile cinema for children and parents, screening a cartoon about pneumonia and how to protect against the illness.
- Madagascar: PSI, the Malagasy Ministry of Health and partners, with funding from USAID, wore blue to show their unified commitment to fighting pneumonia, and radio and television programs will run on national channels with educational messages from doctors, the government and partners.
- Nigeria: Multiple activities took place throughout the country, including education seminars and school outreach campaigns. The Saving One Million Lives initiative is working to raise awareness among advocates, donors and policy makers to take action to combat the illness.
- United States: In Washington, DC, PATH, WaterAid America, and other partners hosted a game night reception on Capitol Hill – “Come and play so that others may” – to commemorate World Pneumonia Day and World Toilet Day together and highlighted the impact of simultaneously tackling pneumonia and diarrhea.
- Multiple Locations: Citizen News Service (CNS) reported from pneumonia sessions at the 44th Union World Conference on Lung Health. CNS organized a media dialogue on child pneumonia on World Pneumonia Day for journalists in India.
- Multiple Locations: The Malaria Consortium hosted press briefings in Mozambique and Uganda to raise awareness about the burden of pneumonia and highlight the importance of scaling up known effective strategies.
Child Survival Days